HIV stands for Human Immunodeficiency Infection, and AIDS stands for Immunodeficiency Syndrome. These two terms are often used together, but they are not identical. Simply put, the next stage of HIV infection is AIDS. A person infected with HIV does not have to have AIDS, but the HIV virus damages the immune system of a person living with AIDS.
Facts about HIV / AIDS:
1. Until now, no cure or vaccine has been found for HIV.
2. HIV can be transmitted through breast milk, semen, rectal fluids, blood and vaginal fluids.[Spread[பரவும்
3. HIV cannot be transmitted through normal contact, saliva, tears or sweat.
Mosquito-like insects are not capable of transmitting HIV.
4. HIV tests are reliable and medications are available.
5. Both men and women are affected by HIV
6. Common symptoms include psoriasis, fever, headache and cough.
7. HIV has killed nearly 33 million people so far
8. Unprotected sex is one of the main reasons for the spread of HIV.