There is a direct connection between the stomach and the mind .So Ayurveda says that there are many ways to eat properly .Ayurveda says that eating according to it can prevent many diseases.
It states the eating patterns as follows:
- Eat only when you are hungry. That is, eat after your previous meal is completely digested. Occasionally we may feel hungry, but sometimes it can even feel like hunger due to dehydration. So adapt to your body, rediscover how it really feels to be hungry and eat.
- Eat in a quiet and comfortable place. When you eat, sit down and eat as little as possible without distraction. That means do not eat while watching TV, book, phone, laptop
- Eat the right amount. We are each created differently, each with different needs and different stomach sizes and metabolic speeds. Listen to your body and eat only the amount it indicates when you are satisfied.
- Eat hot food. Even if it is freshly cooked, it will preserve your digestive energy (Agni) until you avoid taking it straight out of the fridge and eating it. This allows your digestive enzymes to function efficiently.
- Eat quality food. Make sure your food is slightly liquid or slightly oily, as this will facilitate digestion and improve nutrient absorption. Avoid foods that are too dry.
6. Do not eat incompatible foods together. This can lead to diarrhea. Avoid mixing some of these incompatible foods with fruits like milk and fish with milk.
- Observe your 5 senses as you eat. Take the time to notice the smell of your food, the look of your plate, the texture of your food, the different flavors and even the sounds you make when you eat.
- Do not eat fast. Do not swallow your food fast, take time to chew and eat. Chewing is an important stage of digestion.
- Eat only at regular times. Loves natural cycles and routine, so you should follow it!